- Coarse flesh
- Sweet prawn / bug like flavour
- Caught in Northern Queensland
- Other names include Spear Lobster, Champagne Lobsters and Barking Crayfish
- Steam / Poach
Other Important Notes:
- SIZE GRADING: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large
- Seasonal availability – March to November
- Scientific name – Linuparus spp
- Part of the Palinuridae family
Heath Benefits from Champagne Lobster
- While lobster has earned a reputation as a calorie-rich cuisine due to many of the methods by which it is cooked and served, lobster in and of itself is a very healthy food choice. It is an excellent source of lean protein, with less fat and cholesterol than skinless chicken breast.
- Lobster is also high in amino acids, potassium, magnesium, Vitamins A, B12, B6, B3 and B2. It is rich in calcium, phosphorus and zinc.
- Lobster is also one of the best sources of easily absorbable iron.
- Lobster has less calories, less total fat and less cholesterol (based on 100 grams of cooked product) than lean beef; whole poached eggs; and even roasted, skinless chicken breast.